Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pound total) 4-8 chicken cutlets, or 8-12 Chicken Legs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 of a cup Seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of sesame oil
- 1/8 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tea sugar
- 1 juice of a whole lime
- 2 tbs mince fresh garlic (or jar fresh)
- 4 tables spoons of fresh ginger (or in a jar fresh)
- 1 tea of red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch Chinese 5 spice (or a pinch of anise cinnomon )
- 1 pinch salt
- Spring Greens
- Candied Pecans
I think cooking shows how much you love life. I cook for my family & friends, hoping there is left overs. I have yet to have that happen. Today I share a simple recipe that makes a weekday or Sunday Brunch or a side dish for dinner a breeze with gruyere cheese" - Tina Hillstrom
- Butter, for greasing baking dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 pound andouille smoked spicy sausage (casing removed) or 1/4 pound mild sausage & 1/4 spicy sausage or 8 Jimmy Dean packaged sausage paties (you select)
- 9 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk or gourmet whipping cream with a splash of water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Choose between 1 red bell pepper sautéed & diced or 1 cup diced tomatoes & 1 cup brocolli
- 1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
From Mary Papas- Athens Greece
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of gin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
Cut some slices of cucumber for garnish. Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber; transfer to a food processor, add rosemary, and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Press well on the solids in order to extract all the juice. Add water, gin, lemon juice to the cucumber juice and stir well for 3-4 minutes . Divide equally among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices.
From Sue Rohlfing of Thousand Oaks, CA
To make: Grill Rib Eye Steaks and slice or cube the meat after it has rested.
Prepare your favorite kind of rice or Rice a Roni in a large pan.
Pan fry a few cloves of minced garlic.
Steam some crowns of broccoli cut up or use a big bag of Cheesy Broccoli
Combine all of these I ingredients in the large pan and stir fry and then serve.
From Caleb Naemes of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Whole flounder scaled, butterflied and deboned 1/2 lb crawfish tails 1 lb shrimp peeled and chopped into 1/3" pieces 1 small red onion diced 2 cloves garlic minced Creole seasoning 1 Fresh Lemon 1/2 sleeve butter crackers, Ritz 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 Tb celery chopped fine 2 Tb bell pepper diced 1 Tb chives chopped 1 tsp fennel seed Olive oil 2 Tb butter.
This is from JoNell Gay of Melbourne, Fl
Preheat oven to 450 F
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (Crisco)
Add to mixture:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In shallow bowl, add small amount of flour. Using a regular spoon, tablespoon size, drop biscuits in flour and roll to coat.
Place on greased baking pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen, depending on size.